CSS Import Test - Test 42
The HTML spec says that link
relations can't have whitespace (section 6.12). However the
rev attributes take a
space separated list of link relations. The
example in section
14.3.2 of the HTML4 spec says:
Adding the keyword "alternate"
to the rel attribute makes it an alternate style sheet. Thus, the
rel attribute could take "
alternate" as well as "
All stylesheets imported by this page use the HTML
LINK method. See test 2 of the main test suite.
42a. Preferred stylesheet. This should be green at first.
(42b). Alternative stylesheet. This should be unstyled at first.
How to decide if the browser has passed
- If, when the page first appeared, 42b is red, then the
browser should be classified buggy (B).
- If the first test is unstyled, then the browser should be
classified maybe (M).
- If there is no UI feature to switch between alternate stylesheets,
then the test is failed (N).
- If the UI feature to switch between alternate stylesheets only
gives one possibility (probably "Preferred Set"), and you cannot
switch to the "Alternative Set" stylesheet, then the browser is
- If you can switch the stylesheet from "Preferred Set" to
"Alternative Set" in the UI, and that causes line 42a to become
unstyled and line 42b to become red, then the test is passed
- Otherwise, if you can switch the stylesheet from "Preferred Set"
to "Alternative Set" in the UI, but that does not cause line 42b
to become red, then the browser is buggy (B).